The CPTC Behavioral Intervention Team investigates unusual student actions and/or interactions to develop appropriate intervention plans as necessary.
The following steps will help guide the CPTC Behavioral Intervention Team:
1. To serve as a central reporting center for faculty and staff to report “students of concern”. Students of concern are students who are presenting unusual classroom behavior &/or behaviors perceived as threatening to themselves or others.
2. To interview faculty, staff, or student making a report.
3. To develop a plan of intervention.
4. To interview the student of concern.
5. To take appropriate action and make appropriate referrals when necessary.