Come learn about CPTC and the enrollment process along with our programs, campus support services and worker retraining.
Get Started Workshops
Building 23, Room 209 at 2 p.m.
Questions? Call 253-589-5548
Walk-ins welcome based on space available.
- College enrollment/admission process
- Career exploration resources
- Federal Student Financial Aid application process (FAFSA)
- Scholarships & Educational Resources
- COMPASS Assessment process
- Cost for tuition/fees
Steps to Enrollment
Click each step for more information.
- Go to www.cptc.edu/apply to complete your online application.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive an email that includes your next steps to becoming a CPTC student. If you do not have an email, a letter will be sent to your home address.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will be prompted to create an FSA ID for yourself and/or a parent that will act as an electronic signature on the FAFSA (CPTC's college code is 015984).
- Check FAFSA status on the financial aid portal (www.cptc.edu/financial-aid/portal) and submit all additional financial aid paperwork to the Financial Aid Office by the deadline for the quarter you plan to attend.
- Explore other funding options to pay for college at www.cptc.edu/pay-for-cptc.
- If you are a DREAMer student go to www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
- Take the COMPASS Assessment or submit college transcripts.
- COMPASS information: www.cptc.edu/compass
- If you have not taken college courses, take the COMPASS Assessment. Pay the $19 fee at the Cashiers office and bring payment receipt and picture ID to the Assessment Center. If you have taken a college placement assessment at another college submit the official scores to Enrollment Services.
- Submit College Transcripts to Enrollment Services: www.cptc.edu/transfer-to. If you have taken college courses before, submit official transcripts to Enrollment Services to receive a Course Transfer Report.
- All new students are required to attend an Advising Session to learn about program course requirements and education planning. Follow these steps to register:
- Step 1: Register at www.cptc.edu/group.
- Step 2: Click on "Book this event."
- Step 3: Fill out online form to register and click on submit.
- Step 4: Choose a date and time from the list of options by clicking on the arrow.
- Step 5: Click on "Add to itinerary."
- Step 6: Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on "Complete my booking."
- You will receive a confirmation email with date/time of your advising session. If you have questions, please see Advising and Counseling in Building 17, Room 150 (253-589-5534).
- Bring your COMPASS scores, or Course Transfer Report, and your Student ID (SID) to the advising session.
- Students who have attended an advising session may register for first quarter classes online. For more information about how and when to register go to www.cptc.edu/register.