Come learn about CPTC and the enrollment process along with our programs, campus support services and worker retraining.
Get Started Workshops
Wednesdays, 2 p.m.
Building 23, Room 209
Questions? Call 253-589-5548
Walk-ins welcome based on space available.
- College enrollment/admission process
- Career exploration resources
- Federal Student Financial Aid application process (FAFSA)
- Scholarships & Educational Resources
- COMPASS Assessment process
- Cost for tuition/fees
Steps to Enrollment
Step 1: Select a Program of Study
- Review career training programs at www.cptc.edu/programs.
- Attend a Program Information Session – Meet with specific program instructor and visit the training area held most 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 3 p.m. For dates and more information, visit www.cptc.edu/info-sessions.
- Undecided? Schedule a free career interest assessment call 253-589-5548.
Step 2: Establish College Placement
- Take the COMPASS assessment (the fee is $19) or submit college transcripts or placement from another WA community and technical college
- Visit Enrollment Services, Building 11 to request your Student Identification Number (SID)
- Pay the $19.00 fee in the Cashier’s office
- Take payment receipt and picture identification to the Assessment Center, Building 19, Room 124.
- COMPASS available on a walk-in basis, no appointment needed
- Submit College Transcripts: www.cptc.edu/transfer-to
- Must have college-level coursework in English & Math with a grade of C or better
- Out-of-State transcripts, see Enrollment Services, Building 11 prior to meeting with an advisor
Step 3: Meet with a Counselor/Advisor
- Call 253-589-5548 to schedule an appointment or come as a walk-in to Advising & Counseling, Building 12.
- Bring: official COMPASS scores or previous WA college assessment taken within the past two years, In-State transcripts or Out-of-State credit evaluation provided by Enrollment Services.
- Meeting with a Counselor or Advisor is required prior to registration for first quarter classes. Front desk Advising & Counseling staff will remove your registration block.
Step 4: Apply for Admission and Pay $20 Fee
- Admit online at www.cptc.edu/apply - or in person in Building 11
- Receive your CPTC Student Identification Number (SID)
- Pay the $20.00 admission fee in the Cashier’s office, Building 14 – or pay by phone using a debit or credit card (253-589-5620)
Step 5: Register for Classes
Step 6: Pay Tuition
- Pay tuition and fees by payment deadline date to avoid being dropped from classes for nonpayment.
- Find out more at www.cptc.edu/pay-for-cptc.