The next Get Started workshop is scheduled for Jan. 13, 2016 in Bldg. 23, Rm. 209 from 2-3 p.m. Please come to hear more about the STEPS to Enrollment, financial aid, and other resources to get you started at Clover Park. For questions about the workshop, please go to the Advising and Counseling Center, or call 253-589-5548.
Steps to Enrollment
Click each step for more information.
- Go to www.cptc.edu/apply to complete your online application. Pay the non-refundable $20 admission fee at the Cashier's office.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive an email that includes your next steps to becoming a CPTC student. If you do not have an email, a letter will be sent to your home address.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will be prompted to create an FSA ID for yourself and/or a parent that will act as an electronic signature on the FAFSA (CPTC's college code is 015984).
- Check FAFSA status on the financial aid portal (www.cptc.edu/financial-aid/portal) and submit all additional financial aid paperwork to the Financial Aid Office by the deadline for the quarter you plan to attend.
- Explore other funding options to pay for college at www.cptc.edu/pay-for-cptc.
- If you are a DREAMer student go to www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
- Prior to attending a group advising session, you must establish college placement. If you have attended college before, submit official college transcripts to Enrollment Services in Bldg. 17 to receive a course transfer report. (Note: Reviewing transcripts can take several days.) www.cptc.edu/transfer-to
If you are a first-time college student and have not taken college courses, take the COMPASS Assessment. Pay the $19 fee at the Cashier’s office in Bldg 17, Room 140. Bring payment receipt and picture ID to the Assessment Center in Bldg. 17, Room 210 to take the COMPASS. Hours of operation and study materials for the COMPASS are available at www.cptc.edu/compass.
- All new students are required to attend an Advising Session to learn about program course requirements and education planning. Follow these steps to register:
- Step 1: Register at www.cptc.edu/group.
- Step 2: Click on "Book this event."
- Step 3: Fill out online form to register and click on submit.
- Step 4: Choose a date and time from the list of options by clicking on the arrow.
- Step 5: Click on "Add to itinerary."
- Step 6: Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on "Complete my booking."
- You will receive a confirmation email with date/time of your advising session. If you have questions, please see Advising and Counseling in Building 17, Room 150 (253-589-5534).
- Bring your COMPASS scores, or Course Transfer Report, and your Student ID (SID) to the advising session.
- Students who have attended an advising session may register for first quarter classes online. For more information about how and when to register go to www.cptc.edu/register.