The next Get Started workshop is scheduled for Jan. 13, 2016 in Bldg. 23, Rm. 209 from 2-3 p.m. Please come to hear more about the STEPS to Enrollment, financial aid, and other resources to get you started at Clover Park. For questions about the workshop, please go to the Advising and Counseling Center, or call 253-589-5548.
Steps to Enrollment
Click each step for more information.
- Go to www.cptc.edu/apply to complete your online application.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive an email that includes your next steps to becoming a CPTC student. If you do not have an email, a letter will be sent to your home address.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible at www.fafsa.ed.gov. You will be prompted to create an FSA ID for yourself and/or a parent that will act as an electronic signature on the FAFSA (CPTC's college code is 015984).
- Check FAFSA status on the financial aid portal (www.cptc.edu/financial-aid/portal) and submit all additional financial aid paperwork to the Financial Aid Office by the deadline for the quarter you plan to attend.
- Explore other funding options to pay for college at www.cptc.edu/pay-for-cptc.
- If you are a DREAMer student go to www.readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
- Take the COMPASS Assessment or submit college transcripts.
- COMPASS information: www.cptc.edu/compass
- If you have not taken college courses, take the COMPASS Assessment. Pay the $19 fee at the Cashiers office and bring payment receipt and picture ID to the Assessment Center. If you have taken a college placement assessment at another college submit the official scores to Enrollment Services.
- Submit College Transcripts to Enrollment Services: www.cptc.edu/transfer-to. If you have taken college courses before, submit official transcripts to Enrollment Services to receive a Course Transfer Report.
- All new students are required to attend an Advising Session to learn about program course requirements and education planning. Follow these steps to register:
- Step 1: Register at www.cptc.edu/group.
- Step 2: Click on "Book this event."
- Step 3: Fill out online form to register and click on submit.
- Step 4: Choose a date and time from the list of options by clicking on the arrow.
- Step 5: Click on "Add to itinerary."
- Step 6: Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on "Complete my booking."
- You will receive a confirmation email with date/time of your advising session. If you have questions, please see Advising and Counseling in Building 17, Room 150 (253-589-5534).
- Bring your COMPASS scores, or Course Transfer Report, and your Student ID (SID) to the advising session.
- Students who have attended an advising session may register for first quarter classes online. For more information about how and when to register go to www.cptc.edu/register.