To ensure that all requirements are met, students should apply at least three months before the deadline for the quarter they want to start school, or two weeks at the very minimum.
For Summer Quarter 2015-Spring Quarter 2016.
- New students must apply for admission to the College.
- Create a Federal Student Aid ID. You must do this by visiting https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm. The FSA ID allows you to sign the FAFSA or renewal FAFSA online as well as access other Federal Student Aid secure websites. If you are required to provide your parents’ information on the FAFSA, one of your parents will also need to create a Federal Student Aid ID.
- Complete one of the following and submit it to the Federal Processor:
- Continuing and new students must submit all additional required documents by the deadline:
- Summer: April 11, 2014
- Fall: July 18, 2014
- Winter: Oct. 31, 2014
- Spring: Jan. 23, 2015
- Complete the Direct Stafford Loan application online. Required for LPN and RN prerequisites without a conditional acceptance letter.
The Financial Aid Game
To be successful at CPTC and continue to receive funds, it is very important to read all information provided by the Financial Aid Office, including playing the Financial Aid Game!
Click for larger image.
- A student must complete a new FAFSA every January for the following academic year. Depending on the time you plan on starting school, you may have to complete two FAFSAs.
- You don’t need to wait to file your 2013 tax return to complete the FAFSA. Gather your and/or your parents’ last pay stubs from 2013 to use as an estimated income. Once you have filed your tax return(s) you must make a correction to the FAFSA and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information into the FAFSA.
- It is important to complete the FAFSA and submit any other required documentation to complete your financial aid file as early in the year as you can. Certain types of grant funds that schools receive are limited.
- If your birthdate is after January 1, 1991 and you answered no to all the dependency questions on the FAFSA, a parent must provide their information and apply for a PIN to electronically sign the FAFSA. • FAFSA information during non-peak times could take up to three business days to be received by CPTC.
- The Department of Education does not determine a student’s full eligibility for financial aid funds. The FAFSA information is only one piece of determining your financial aid eligibility. The Financial Aid Office uses information from the FAFSA, documentation you submit, admissions information, educational transcript information, and various federal and state databases to determine aid eligibility at Clover Park Technical College.
- LPN/RN prerequisites: When students are taking prerequisites to be accepted into a program of study, the only type of financial aid students are eligible for are Direct Stafford loans and only for a 12-month consecutive enrollment time frame.
- First time attending CPTC or haven’t attended in over a year and plan on taking out student loans? You will be required to serve a 30-day waiting period into your first quarter before loan funds can be disbursed.
- Once the Financial Aid Office starts reviewing all of the information you have submitted, there is a chance that you may need to clarify information and submit more documentation. During peak processing times, it could take up to two months to review your file. By meeting the posted quarterly deadline dates, it’s our commitment to our students that files will be reviewed by the time the quarter starts.