Learn about laws affecting the hospitality industry on both a national and state level. This class will look at operating an establishment according to government regulations regarding sales, civil rights, liability, administration issues, and organization.
- Understand the legal responsibilities of managers.
- Identify legal issues in selecting employees.
- Identify a manager’s responsibility concerning customers.
- Understand legal concerns in serving food and beverages.
- Have an understanding of legal aspects related to safety and security.
- Understand management ethics and the law.
- Identify different types of contracts and how to write them.