FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
Prepares students to understand, interpret, and analyze financial statements, budgeting, cash flow, and cash management. This gives students a chance to become familiar with financial statements prior to entering the work force so they have a working knowledge in this area.
- Explain the role of accurate budgets and prepare one.
- Identify budgetary problems, determine likely causes and prepare a plan for correcting them.
- Understand the foodservice accounting system.
- Understand credits/debits.Understand how to monitor expenditure accounts.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop plans for purchasing.
- Demonstrate how to do a budget comparison for a specific time period.
- Understand what creditors look for when making a decision.
- Understand ratios and how to use them as a monitoring tool.
- Understand the importance of ethical practices in business.