FOOD SERVICE NUTRITION
Learn the basics of food service nutrition for culinary professionals. This class will teach students about the biological process that occurs as you eat, what constitutes a healthy diet, and gain an understanding of the structure and functions of food.
- Understand the basics of human nutrition.
- Understand the digestion process.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand food labels.
- Understand the laws that govern food labeling.
- Understand the structure, function, and metabolism of food components.
- Understand the characteristic of vitamins.
- Design menus for different demographics, with differing dietary needs according to USDA guidelines.
- Understand the correlation between diet and degenerative disease.