Explore all aspects of running a successful operation in the hospitality industry. Students will learn how to create a positive work environment, team building, and leadership skills. Students will also learn how to recruit new team members, hiring procedures, how to organize and implement systems and controls, as well as how to handle issues that arise on a daily basis. Students will also explore how to use Excel programs and the benefits of using Excel for restaurants.
- Explain the role of accurate budgets and prepare one.
- Identify budgetary problems, determine likely causes and prepare a plan for correcting them.
- Understand the importance of sanitation in the foodservice industry.
- Understand the importance of safety in a restaurant environment.
- Understand the basics of OSHA laws.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop different menu types.
- Identify and resolve food cost problems.
- Demonstrate effective organization of the work force to accomplish the tasks at hand.
- Mitigate circumstances that could otherwise lead to worker dissatisfaction.
- Describe methods involved in team building and conflict resolution.