Familiarizes the student with all aspects of running a casual-style dining room which is open to the public. Included are opening/closing procedures, table set-up, customer service techniques, leadership, sanitation, and safety procedures.
- Understand and model merchandising menu items to guests.
- Plan and execute a pre shift meeting.
- Proper cash handling in food service environment.
- Understand and execute opening and closing procedures for all workgroups indining room.
- Have a thorough knowledge of dining room sanitation and safety.
- Describe ways to manage guests with special needs.
- Thorough understanding of how to deal with guest complaints.
- Produce position plans for all work groups in dining room.
- Produce and implement appraisal system for all work groups in dining room.