KITCHEN & DINING MANAGEMENT
Learn how to communicate, lead, and manage different types of people. This entails how to hire and fire, inventory control, writing job descriptions, and creating performance reviews for both front and back of the house.
- Understand and model merchandising menu items to guests.
- Produce a workable inventory system and demonstrate ability to maintain accuracy.
- Write a schedule for kitchen staff according to budget and forecasting.
- Produce an opening and closing checklist for each station front and back of the house.
- Understand the concept of food cost control through portion management.
- Understand the importance of accurate timings.
- Plan and execute a pre shift meeting.
- Proper cash handling in food service environment.
- Produce workable ordering guides and pars for all food and beverage items.
- Thorough understanding of how to deal with guest complaints.
- Describe ways to manage guests with special needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, develop and execute different menus.