PHARMACOLOGY IN NURSES
Presents pharmacological concepts and principles for preparation and administration of medications along with related client assessment and teaching. The role and responsibility of the practical nurse in drug therapy is emphasized. The student is prepared to participate safely and effectively in medication therapy. Prerequisites: NURS 102, 109, 112, 113, 115, 119, 135.
- Discuss legislative acts controlling drug use and abuse.
- Explain principles of drug actions and interactions.
- Explain the steps of the nursing process as it applies to pharmacology.
- Demonstrate the ability to administer oral and parenteral medications to clients across the life-span.
- Identify opportunities for client education and health promotion.