NURSING SKILL FUNDAMENTALS I-BEST
Prepares students for employment as a basic patient care provider under the supervision of a professional licensed provider such as a Registered Nurse. Explore the principles of providing basic patient care; includes the minimum requirements for skill competencies as required under the Washington State and Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) requirements for the Nursing Assistant Training, as well as those fundamental skills required by the Licensed Practical Nurse program. Students must correctly demonstrate 100% of the steps for each of the skills tested. Prerequisites: Documentation of required immunizations, ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and a No Record on File from the Washington State Patrol and DSHS.
- Demonstrate lifting an object using proper body mechanics.
- Demonstrate proper hand-washing techniques.
- Demonstrate proper lifting, moving, positioning and transfer techniques.
- Demonstrate proper range of motion.
- Demonstrate the proper technique and documentation weight, blood pressure, pulse respirations and temperature.
- Demonstrate proper bathing techniques.
- Demonstrate proper personal care and grooming techniques.
- Demonstrate proper techniques of the “NNAAP Skills” identified by regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrate the correct techniques for feeding a client.
- Demonstrate the correct and safe application of TED stockings.