NURSING ASSISTANT THEORY II
Covers infection control, documentation responsibilities, First Aid & CPR training, HIPAA, and HIV training. This course will meet the didactic portion of Washington State and Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) requirements for Nursing Assistant Training.
- List the types of transmission of infection precautions that are to be used in addition to standard precautions.
- Describe ways a nursing assistant can most effectively prevent the spread of any communicable disease including AIDS/HIV
- Describe the signs and symptoms and actions for airway obstruction in the responsive and unresponsive victim
- Describe and demonstrate the steps of CPR
- Describe the legal and ethical importance of confidentiality regarding HIPAA.