UNIT MANAGEMENT I
Covers management responsibilities for the nursing unit, including time management and identification of possible fire and safety hazards on the nursing unit.
HUC 102; enrollment in HUC 106, 109, and 115.
- Accurately define medical terms and abbreviations related to this unit of instruction.
- Accurately discuss and demonstrate management responsibilities for routine nursing unit tasks that are preformed daily.
- Accurately discuss and demonstrate responsibilities for nursing unit time management techniques.
- Accurately discuss responsibilities that the health unit coordinator may perform in a medical emergency.
- Accurately discuss preparation of forms that relate to various medical emergencies.