UNIT COORDINATOR TASKS & PROCEDURES II
Focuses on cognitive knowledge and performance skills in the computer laboratory. The student will demonstrate performance skills for maintaining medical records, accurately transcribing physicians’ orders to the appropriate chart forms and Kardex, as well as completion of pseudo patient charts.
HUC 109: completion of 104, 106, 115, and 120
- Accurately define medical terms, abbreviations, and symbols related to this course.
- Accurately transcribe, communicate, and demonstrate the procedure for preparation of forms for patient activities.
- Correctly maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Accurately transcribe, interpret, and demonstrate procedures for admission, transfer, and discharge orders.
- Accurately transcribe, communicate, and demonstrate maintenance of patient charts.
- Accurately transcribe, interpret, and demonstrate procedures for standing, standing prn, stat, one-time, and short series orders for medication and treatment orders.
- Correctly interpret and demonstrate procedures for physician orders to nursing staff and other hospital departments.
- Accurately complete (14) or more pseudo patient charts.