LAW & ETHICS FOR HUMAN SERVICES
Presents an overview of the ethical and professional issues that human services workers will face in the field. Included are such topics as ethical decision making, professional responsibilities, liability, confidentiality, records and rights of clients, professional codes of ethics, core values and personal issues, supervision, leadership, and the legal system.
- Identify personal core values & leadership style.
- Effectively demonstrate knowledge of ethical decision making and professional responsibilities.
- Write effective progress notes in the SOAP and DAP styles and learn how to apply those skills by documenting case notes & participating in mock case staffings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Juvenile, Superior and Civil court systems, court testimony and legal issues for human services workers.
- Correctly identify legal and ethical issues associated with human services & documentation in human services.