DYNAMICS OF VIOLENCE
Presents an overview of the dynamics of violence in relationships to both the perpetrator and the victim. Areas of emphasis include child neglect, child sexual and physical abuse, missing and exploited children & adolescents, domestic violence, the cycle of violence, elder abuse, and the impact on the family system. Strategies for treatment and community intervention are explored.
- Describe a range of issues affecting victims of abuse and their families/caregivers throughout the life-span.
- Demonstrate knowledge of physical abuse and family violence issues including the cycle of violence.
- Demonstrate knowledge of sexual abuse and perpetrator issues.
- Correctly identify disorders, strategies for treatment and community intervention.
- Define professional protocol for mandatory reporters of known or suspected abuse per state WAC’s & RCW’s.