THEORIES OF COUNSELING
Increases student knowledge of a variety of counseling theories, theorists, and techniques from both a historical and contemporary viewpoint. Students will explore the practical application and appropriate uses of these theories in the human services system.
- Accurately identify and describe the major theories of personality.
- Identify and apply practical applications of theory, ethical use and ethical dilemmas of specific techniques within social service populations.
- Accurately identify the stages of the counseling process and counseling methods and modalities.
- Define multi-cultural and demonstrate an understanding of applying counseling techniques amongst diverse populations
- Participate in mock counseling sessions and apply skill set/knowledge from lectures.