Covers and expands upon the knowledge and skills learned in Histotechnology I. Students will begin to learn the theory and principles of hematoxylin and eosin staining, as well as the basic principles and procedures of carbohydrate stains.
- Continued theory of gross descriptions of common tissue types.
- Continued theory in microtomy, embedding, and special microtomy.
- Theory in work up of the H&E stain.
- Continued education of microscopic tissue identification.
- Theory of Carbohydrate and amyloid staining.
- Theory of Standard operating procedures.
- Theory of frozen sectioning and staining.
- Development of resumes.
- Continued student professionalism.