Covers use and setup of hemodialysis machines. Instruction focuses on organizing and setting up the dialysis machine and equipment, priming and dry machine stringing. Various testing equipment commonly used in dialysis units are studied, as well as preparation and mixing of hemodialysis concentrates. Includes standard precautions and aseptic techniques. Prepares student to initiate monitor and terminate a routine hemodialysis treatment.
- Strip, clean and setup a dialysis machine in 5 minutes.
- Prime a dialysis machine using standard procedures and aseptic techniques.
- Prepare and mix solution for a dialysis treatment.
- Demonstrate use of conductivity/pH meters, test strips by reading and applying correctly.
- Simulate TX on and off procedure.