HEMODIALYSIS PRINCIPLES & PROCEDURES
Defines the basic principals of diffusion, filtration, fluid dynamics and osmosis relating to the dialysis process. Overviews of the dialysis environment and kidney functions. Patient vitals and monitoring the treatment, including normal and abnormal values. Perform laboratory tests and utilize patient documentation procedures. Identify causes, signs, and symptoms, preventions and interventions for medical and technical complications that may occur during dialysis. Includes patient dietary and nutrition requirements.
- Define basic principles of diffusion, osmosis relating to dialysis.
- Identify normal kidney function.
- Explain how dialysis treatment replaces some of the normal kidney function.
- Initiate, monitor and terminate a dialysis treatment.
- Identify complications of dialysis treatment.