Designed to introduce students to the professional phone skills that are necessary in the dental environment. Covers the different types of interpersonal communication used in the dental profession, explores different problem-solving techniques, and teaches students about team and personal strategies for providing exceptional patient care. Introduces various types of organizational conflicts, barriers to communication, and appropriate resolution styles. Prerequisite or Co-requisite: DBOA 104
- Describe Dentistry as a Service Profession and a profitable business.
- List Personal Characteristics of an Effective Leader.
- Explain the importance of establishing Practice Goals and Objectives.
- Describe the benefits of a well managed dental team.
- Understand patient needs.
- Compare and contrast the humanistic theory according to Maslow and Rogers. Relate the theory to patient relations.
- Identify and describe professional telephone etiquette
- Explain the application of telecommunications in a dental office.