FOOD PREPARATION III
Focuses on beef, chicken, and fish cookery and fabrication. Instruction will center on understanding the structure and composition of meats, being able to identify a variety of fish and shellfish, use of proper storage, and application of various cooking methods.
- Incorporate principles of nutrition, textures, plate presentation and cost controls in menu planning.
- Create descriptions of menu items.
- Demonstrate the ability to function as a lead line cook to ensure quality, timeliness, correct cooking procedures and attractive, appetizing presentations per Clover Park Technical College standards.
- Effectively organize stations in the kitchen for cooking and service.
- Practice professional sanitation and safety measures.