PROFESSIONAL COOKING III
Introduces students to basic meat cooking procedures, breakfast cookery, and dairy products. Students will learn the composition of meats, eggs, and dairy products and apply various cooking methods.
- Correctly identify grades and fabricate primal cuts of beef, pork, lamb and veal according to National Association of Meat Purveyors Guide.
- Diagram the sub-primals on beef, veal, lamb, and pork according to the NAMP guide.
- Fabricate poultry and game per instructor’s standards.
- Perform cost and yield/waste analysis per industry standard.
- Identify the different species and the most suitable cooking techniques for fish and shellfish.