COOKING METHODS I
Introduces students to the experience of preparing and cooking meals for restaurant service. Students will be given assignments and will rotate through restaurant stations throughout the quarter. Students will learn dish washing and basic food preparation, to read and follow standardized recipes, deli operations, and station organization.
- Demonstrate basic cooking techniques.
- Exhibit kitchen safety and sanitation practices.
- Prepare quality food according to specifications.
- Demonstrate positive work habits and the ability to work as a team member.
- Work quickly and efficiently.