BUSINESS OFFICE I
Provides an opportunity for students to experience and participate in a realistic office environment by providing financial statements, completing financial examinations, preparing payroll, and furnishing other similar financial accounting work products to the public. Prerequisites: ACTG 143, ACTG 235, CAS 120, and ACCT& 201, or Instructor approval.
- Research accounting careers and prepare appropriate employment related documents.
- Demonstrate proficiency in accounting, automated accounting, and computer processing by completing at least one set of monthly financial statements, or equivalent activity with a minimum 75% accuracy corrected to 100% after review.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow written instructions by completing client work appropriately following the proper SOP.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and correct accounting errors and omissions by reviewing work and commenting appropriately.
- Maintain appropriate files, records and office environment. Prioritize workload to include office as well as classroom assignments.
- Work with and maintain office machines.
- Complete office projects as assigned by the Faculty in a timely appropriate manner.